Campaign partners and objectives
We’ve joined forces with other organisations to work together, increase our influence and help achieve these eight campaign objectives for #ImWithSam.
#ImWithSam campaign objectives
#ImWithSam is challenging government processes and tackling the root causes of autism and learning disability hate crime.
We have already taken significant steps to achieving our campaign objectives.
The changes we want to see have been developed following broad-based consultation and will make a tangible difference.
- Separate disability hate statistics into learning disability, autism and other disabilities.
- A change in the law to make disability hate a crime online too.
- The Department of Education to adapt resources to better support all primary and secondary schools with positive messages around difference.
- Manufacturers to incorporate greater learning disability sensitivity into toys, games and other children’s entertainment.
- The Department of Health to develop simple guidance to help families and support workers identify and manage cases of hate crime.
- The Crown Prosecution Service to improve investigation protocols within the criminal justice system in situations where there is a learning disabled victim.
- The Home Office to improve resources and training for police officers and others to help them when receiving a report of hate crime from a person with a learning disability or autism, including funding self-advocates to provide specialist victim support.
- Together, we and our campaign partners, will evaluate the effectiveness of new coercive behaviour legislation on people with learning disabilities or autism, leading to specific change recommendations and/or a green paper recommendation on stronger legislation to protect vulnerable people from mate crime.
#ImWithSam campaign partners
We are working with these organisations to make our voice stronger and tackle autism and learning disability hate crime.
Learning Disability England | National Forum of People with Learning Disabilities | National Valuing Families Forum | Ambitious About Autism | Asperger Leaders | Autism Together | Beyond Words | Care Management Group | Choice Support | Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities | Inclusion North | The National Autistic Society | Options | Papworth Trust | Stop Hate UK | United Response | VODG