Showcase autism friendly screenings
See an autism friendly screening of Frozen 2 on Sunday 8th December at 10am at participating Showcase cinemas.
What makes a cinema screening autism friendly?
Sometimes you might also see an autism friendly screening being described as a relaxed screening or a sensory friendly screening. This means there are some adjustments in place to help reduce the stress and sensory input people with autism and other sensory sensitivities can experience.
Some autism friendly adjustments include:
- There are no trailers
- The lights and volume are turned down
- You can sit where you want and move around
- You can take your own food and drink
- Staff are trained in autism understanding
- Carers can get free entry with a valid CEA Card.
Dimensions provides free online training for every cinema in the UK, and additional support for our partner cinemas; ODEON, Cineworld, Vue, Showcase, Picturehouse and Everyman.
Which Showcase cinemas show autism friendly screenings?
This Google Map shows you which Showcase cinemas participate in our autism friendly screenings. We will list any cinemas not participating in a particular screening and further information on the event page linked below.
While we try to keep this map up to date we recommend checking with your local cinema or booking tickets in advance.
- Bristol, Cinema De Lux
- Derby, Cinema De Lux
- Glasgow – Please note, Showcase Glasgow don’t show all autism friendly screenings. Check the Showcase’s autism friendly film page to confirm if they are showing this film.
- Leicester, Cinema De Lux
- Paisley – Please note, Showcase Paisley don’t show all autism friendly screenings. Check the Showcase’s autism friendly film page to confirm if they are showing this film.
How do I book tickets?
Tickets are available to book around 5 days in advance. There are a number of ways you can book tickets for Showcase’s autism friendly screenings. Select the film listed as an autism friendly screening and follow the booking process:
- On the Showcase website
- Via the Showcase Box Office on 0871 220 1000 (calls cost 13p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge)
- At your local cinema.
If you have any booking enquiries, please contact Showcase:
Start planning your trip to the cinema
Use the buttons below to find out what’s on, watch trailers and plan your trip.