Autism friendly screenings at Showcase
See an autism friendly screening of Avengers: Endgame (12A) on Sunday 9th June at 10am, at participating Showcase cinemas.
Please note, Avengers: Endgame is a 12A and contains some emotional scenes, violent scenes and changes in mood and atmosphere.
On the second Sunday of the month, Showcase host a sensory friendly screening designed to be an inclusive and welcoming environment for people with sensory sensitivities and their loved ones.
We hope these screenings can act as a transition into regular cinema screenings for some of our guests, while making the cinema more inclusive and accessible for everyone who feels they will benefit from the environment.
To be aware of
- Showcase Liverpool are participating in autism friendly screenings
- Avengers: Endgame is a very popular film so the cinema might be busy
- Avengers: Endgame is a 12A and contains some emotional scenes, violent scenes and changes in mood and atmosphere
- Avengers: Endgame contains:
- Long emotional sections, including funeral scenes.
- As expected with this genre there is plenty of fast action, explosions and busy special effects, including quiet scenes next to noisy ones.
- There are close up shots of the human body, i.e. pores.
- The film contains some subtitles.
- The film tackles adult themes of depression, betrayal, moving on and letting go.
- An autistic family we consulted thoroughly enjoyed the film but there was some fidgeting due to the long running time!
Sensory friendly adjustments include
- sound and lights on low
- no trailers
- freedom to move around
- take your own food and drink
- free entry for carers with a valid CEA Card.
How to book your tickets
Tickets are available to book around 5 days in advance. There are a number of ways you can book tickets for Showcase’s autism friendly screenings. Select the film listed as an autism friendly screening and follow the booking process:
- On the Showcase website
- Via the Showcase Box Office on 0871 220 1000 (calls cost 13p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge)
- At your local cinema.
Download your Autism friendly cinema screenings social story template
“Although I do not have autism I went to an autism friendly screening of The Good Dinosuar because I have hypervigilance, anxiety and hallucinations…I forgot to take my anxiety medication and I was still relaxed regardless! Thank you Dimensions…the cinema is now accessible.” – Rebecca’s lovely review on our Facebook page
Which Showcase cinemas show autism friendly screenings?
Showcase cinemas across the country show autism friendly screenings.
Stay up to date
Follow DimensionsUK on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for the latest news and information.
We also send out a regular autism friendly newsletter with upcoming screenings and other news about our work.
Sign up for autism friendly updates.
We understand sensory sensitivities are unique to everyone. If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to the manager at your local cinema.
If you would like to find out more about the adjustments or share your experiences about a visit to our autism friendly screenings please complete this form.