Autism friendly screenings at Cineworld
See an autism friendly screening of The Incredibles 2 (PG) on Sunday 5th August at 11am, at the participating Cineworld cinemas listed below.
We’re pleased to share that Disney has officially changed The Incredibles 2 scenes that contain flashing lights. This means it no longer carries warnings around photosensitive epilepsy or other photosensitivities and is safe for audiences.
On the first Sunday of the month, Cineworld host a sensory friendly screening designed to be an inclusive and welcoming environment for people with sensory sensitivities and their loved ones.
To be aware of
- We’re pleased to share that Disney has officially changed The Incredibles 2 scenes that contain flashing lights. This means it no longer carries warnings around photosensitive epilepsy or other photosensitivities and is safe for audiences.
- Please note this film has an age rating PG – parental guidance may be required for children as there are some scenes that may contain mild bad language and violence.
We hope these screenings can act as a transition into regular cinema screenings for some of our guests, while making the cinema more inclusive and accessible for everyone who feels they will benefit from the environment.
Sensory friendly adjustments include
- sound and lights on low
- no trailers
- freedom to move around
- take your own food and drink
- free entry for carers with a valid CEA Card.
How to book your tickets
Tickets are available to book around 5 days in advance. There are a number of ways you can book tickets for Cineworld’s autism friendly screenings. Select the film listed as an autism friendly screening and follow the booking process:
- On the Cineworld website
- Via the Cineworld Box Office on 0871 200 2000 (calls cost 12p per minute from a BT landline. Mobile and other providers may vary)
- At your local cinema.
Download your Autism friendly cinema screenings social story template
“Although I do not have autism I went to an autism friendly screening of The Good Dinosuar because I have hypervigilance, anxiety and hallucinations…I forgot to take my anxiety medication and I was still relaxed regardless! Thank you Dimensions…the cinema is now accessible.” – Rebecca’s lovely review on our Facebook page
Which Cineworld cinemas show autism friendly screenings?
Cineworld cinemas across the country host autism friendly screenings.
Stay up to date
Follow DimensionsUK on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for the latest news and information.
We also send out a regular autism friendly newsletter with upcoming screenings and other news about our work.
Sign up for autism friendly updates.
We understand sensory sensitivities are unique to everyone. If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to the manager at your local cinema.
If you would like to find out more about the adjustments or share your experiences about a visit to our autism friendly screenings please complete this form.