Autism friendly screenings – the adjustments
These autism friendly adjustments are designed to make the cinema more inclusive and accessible for people with sensory sensitivities, and others who can benefit from this environment.
These adjustments are guidelines we share with our partner cinemas. We encourage local cinemas to personalise their screenings to help guests feel more comfortable and support them to maintain high standards.
- A relaxed environment where people understand the needs of children and families with autism
- Lights left on low
- Sound turned down
- No trailers or advertisements (unless they are embedded in the film)
- Staff trained in autism awareness
- Disabled access
- Chill out zone, where available
- Freedom to move around and sit where you like
- Bring your own food and drink
- Free entry for carers with a valid CEA Card
- Free social story template, download here
Stay up to date
Follow DimensionsUK on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for the latest news and information.
Read Martin Boniface’s blog about the importance of tolerance and understanding of people with learning disabilities.
We also send out a regular autism friendly newsletter with upcoming screenings and other news about our work.
If you have any questions, please get in touch.