Autism friendly cinema screenings
We provide free national autism friendly training for all cinemas across the country. We also partner directly with ODEON, Cineworld, Vue, Showcase and Picturehouse to host autism friendly screenings at over 350 cinemas nationwide.
On Sunday mornings throughout the month, films suitable for all audiences are screened in a sensory friendly and inclusive environment.
These adjustments aim to reduce over-stimulation and create a welcoming environment. Download our editable autism friendly screenings social story template.
See an autism friendly screening of Wonder Park on Sunday 5th May at 11am, at participating Cineworld cinemas.
Extra Cineworld autism friendly screening in April
To celebrate World Autism Awareness Month, Cineworld is hosting an extra autism friendly screening at all its participating sites.
See Missing Link on Monday 15th April at 11am. Watch the trailer on YouTube.
See an autism friendly screening of Dumbo on Sunday 14th April at 10am, at participating Showcase cinemas.
Extra Showcase autism friendly screening in April
To celebrate World Autism Awareness Month, Showcase is hosting an extra autism friendly screening at all its participating sites.
See Missing Link on Sunday 28th April at 10am. Watch the trailer on YouTube.
To be aware of
- Please note, Showcase Liverpool is currently undergoing a refurbishment and won’t be participating in autism friendly screenings until further notice.
See an autism friendly screening of Peppa Pig: Festival of Fun on Sunday 21st April at 10:15am, at participating ODEON cinemas.
ODEON’s trial screening for older audiences, at 11 selected cinemas, is Shazam! (12A) on Monday 22nd April at 6:15pm.
To be aware of
- ODEON Epsom’s autism friendly screenings begin at 11am.
- Tickets for the latest releases may come with a small Blockbuster charge of £1, on top of the normal ticket price.
See an autism friendly screening of How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (PG) on Sunday 19th May, at participating Picturehouse cinemas.
To be aware of
- *The majority of Picturehouse cinemas host autism friendly screenings on the third Sunday of each month, except:
- City Screen, York host autism friendly screenings on the second Sunday of each month at 11.15am
- Picturehouse at FACT, Liverpool host autism friendly screenings every Sunday 11.30am
- Little Theatre Cinema, Bath only hosts autism friendly screenings in the school holidays
- Picturehouse cinemas host their autism friendly screenings at different times. Please click ‘See participating cinemas’ below to find a cinema near you and what time they’ll be hosting their autism friendly screening.
See an autism friendly screening of Wreck-It Ralph: Ralph Breaks The Internet (PG) on Sunday 28th April at 10:15am, at participating Vue cinemas.
Stay up to date
Follow DimensionsUK on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for the latest news and information.
We also send out a regular autism friendly newsletter with upcoming screenings and other news about our work.
We understand sensory sensitivities are unique to everyone. If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to the manager at your local cinema.
If you would like to find out more about the adjustments or share your experiences about a visit to our autism friendly screenings please complete this form.