Autism friendly cinema screenings
We provide free national autism friendly training for all cinemas across the country. We also partner directly with ODEON, Cineworld, Vue, Showcase and Picturehouse to host autism friendly screenings at over 350 cinemas nationwide.
On Sunday mornings throughout the month, films suitable for all audiences are screened in a sensory friendly and inclusive environment.
These adjustments aim to reduce over-stimulation and create a welcoming environment. Download our editable autism friendly screenings social story template.
See an autism friendly screening of The Secret Life Of Pets 2 on Sunday 2nd June at 11am, at participating Cineworld cinemas.
See an autism friendly screening of Avengers: Endgame (12A) on Sunday 9th June at 10am, at participating Showcase cinemas.
To be aware of
- Showcase Liverpool are participating in autism friendly screenings
- Avengers: Endgame is a very popular film so the cinema might be busy. The film is a 12A and contains; long emotional sections, including funeral scenes | lots of fast action, explosions and busy special effects, including quiet scenes next to noisy ones | close up shots of the human body, i.e. pores | some subtitles | this film tackles adult themes of depression, betrayal, moving on and letting go. An autistic family we consulted thoroughly enjoyed the film but there was some fidgeting due to the long running time.
See an autism friendly screening of Pokémon Detective Pikachu on Sunday 26th May at 10:15am, at participating ODEON cinemas.
ODEON’s trial screening for older audiences, at 11 selected cinemas, is Aladdin on Monday 27th May at 6:15pm.
To be aware of
- ODEON Epsom’s autism friendly screenings begin at 11am.
- Tickets for the latest releases may come with a small Blockbuster charge of £1, on top of the normal ticket price.
See an autism friendly screening of The LEGO Movie 2 on Sunday 16th June, at participating Picturehouse cinemas.
To be aware of
- *The majority of Picturehouse cinemas host autism friendly screenings on the third Sunday of each month, except:
- City Screen, York host autism friendly screenings on the second Sunday of each month at 11.15am
- Picturehouse at FACT, Liverpool host autism friendly screenings every Sunday 11.30am
- Little Theatre Cinema, Bath only hosts autism friendly screenings in the school holidays
- Picturehouse cinemas host their autism friendly screenings at different times. Please click ‘See participating cinemas’ below to find a cinema near you and what time they’ll be hosting their autism friendly screening.
See an autism friendly screening of How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (PG) on Sunday 26th May at 10:15am, at participating Vue cinemas.
Stay up to date
Follow DimensionsUK on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for the latest news and information.
We also send out a regular autism friendly newsletter with upcoming screenings and other news about our work.
Accessible Screenings UK lists autism-friendly screenings across the UK, from the major cinema chains to independent cinemas.
We understand sensory sensitivities are unique to everyone. If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to the manager at your local cinema.
If you would like to find out more about the adjustments or share your experiences about a visit to our autism friendly screenings please complete this form.