Autism friendly cinema screenings
We provide free national autism friendly training for all cinemas across the country. We also partner directly with ODEON, Cineworld, Vue, Showcase and Picturehouse to host autism friendly screenings at over 350 cinemas nationwide.
On Sunday mornings throughout the month, films suitable for all audiences are screened in a sensory friendly and inclusive environment.
These adjustments aim to reduce over-stimulation and create a welcoming environment. Download our editable autism friendly screenings social story template.
See an autism friendly screening of The Lion King on Sunday 4th August at 11am, at participating Cineworld cinemas.
See an autism friendly screening of The Lion King on Sunday 11th August at 10am, at participating Showcase cinemas.
To be aware of
- Showcase Glasgow is closed for refurbishment and will not be showing this autism friendly screening
- Showcase Paisley is closed for refurbishment and will not be showing this autism friendly screening
See an autism friendly screening of The Lion King on Sunday 28th July at 10:15am, at participating ODEON cinemas.
ODEON’s trial screening for older audiences, at 11 selected cinemas, is Spiderman: Far From Home (12A) on Monday 29th July at 6:15pm. Please note, Spiderman has a flashing lights warning.
To be aware of
- ODEON Darlington and Dorchester will be showing The Lion King but times may vary, please check the ODEON website.
- ODEON Epsom’s Sunday autism friendly screenings begin at 11am.
- Tickets for the latest releases may come with a small Blockbuster charge of £1, on top of the normal ticket price.
- Durham are now participating in ODEON’s autism friendly screenings.
See an autism friendly screening of Wonder Park (PG) on Sunday 21st July, at participating Picturehouse cinemas.
To be aware of
- *The majority of Picturehouse cinemas host autism friendly screenings on the third Sunday of each month, except:
- City Screen, York host autism friendly screenings on the second Sunday of each month at 11.15am
- Picturehouse at FACT, Liverpool host autism friendly screenings every Sunday 11.30am
- Little Theatre Cinema, Bath only hosts autism friendly screenings in the school holidays
- Picturehouse cinemas host their autism friendly screenings at different times. Please click ‘See participating cinemas’ below to find a cinema near you and what time they’ll be hosting their autism friendly screening.
See an autism friendly screening of Missing Link on Sunday 28th July at 10:15am, at participating Vue cinemas.
Stay up to date
Follow DimensionsUK on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for the latest news and information.
We also send out a regular autism friendly newsletter with upcoming screenings and other news about our work.
Accessible Screenings UK lists autism-friendly screenings across the UK, from the major cinema chains to independent cinemas.
We understand sensory sensitivities are unique to everyone. If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to the manager at your local cinema.
If you would like to find out more about the adjustments or share your experiences about a visit to our autism friendly screenings please complete this form.