Autism friendly cinema screenings
We provide free national autism friendly training for all cinemas across the country. We also partner directly with ODEON, Cineworld, Vue, Showcase and Picturehouse to host autism friendly screenings at over 350 cinemas nationwide.
On Sunday mornings throughout the month, films suitable for all audiences are screened in a sensory friendly and inclusive environment.
These adjustments aim to reduce over-stimulation and create a welcoming environment. Download our editable autism friendly screenings social story template.
See an autism friendly screening of Angry Birds 2 on Sunday 1st September at 11am, at participating Cineworld cinemas.
See an autism friendly screening of Playmobil: The Movie on Sunday 8th September at 10am, at participating Showcase cinemas.
To be aware of
- Showcase Glasgow need to confirm if they are showing this screening. We will update the website as soon as possible.
- Showcase Paisley need to confirm if they are showing this screening. We will update the website as soon as possible.
Extra screening at Hull ODEON – DATE CHANGE
- See Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (18) at Hull ODEON on Thursday 29th August at 5:45pm. Proof of age may be required.
- PLEASE NOTE THE DATE FOR THIS EVENT HAS CHANGED. The date for this screening has changed to Thursday 29th August at 5:45pm. We’re very sorry for this last minute change and hope it doesn’t cause inconvenience or disappointment.
See an autism friendly screening of Angry Birds 2 on Sunday 25th August at 10:15am, at participating ODEON cinemas.
ODEON’s trial screening for older audiences, at 11 selected cinemas, is Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw on Monday 26th August at 6:15pm.
ODEON will be hosting extra screenings in the summer holidays. Click “Find an ODEON cinema near you” for more details.
To be aware of
- ODEON Darlington and Dorchester are to be confirmed if they’re showing these films.
- ODEON Epsom’s Sunday autism friendly screenings begin at 11am.
- Tickets for the latest releases may come with a small Blockbuster charge of £1, on top of the normal ticket price.
- Durham are now participating in ODEON’s autism friendly screenings.
See an autism friendly screening of The Secret Life Of Pets 2 on Sunday 15th September, at participating Picturehouse cinemas.
To be aware of
- *The majority of Picturehouse cinemas host autism friendly screenings on the third Sunday of each month, except:
- City Screen, York host autism friendly screenings on the second Sunday of each month at 11.15am
- Bromley host autism friendly screenings every Sunday of each month at 10am
- Picturehouse at FACT, Liverpool host autism friendly screenings every Sunday 11.30am
- Little Theatre Cinema, Bath only hosts autism friendly screenings in the school holidays
- Picturehouse cinemas host their autism friendly screenings at different times. Please click ‘See participating cinemas’ below to find a cinema near you and what time they’ll be hosting their autism friendly screening.
See an autism friendly screening of The Secret Life of Pets 2 on Sunday 25th August at 10:15am, at participating Vue cinemas.
Stay up to date
Follow DimensionsUK on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for the latest news and information.
We also send out a regular autism friendly newsletter with upcoming screenings and other news about our work.
Accessible Screenings UK lists autism-friendly screenings across the UK, from the major cinema chains to independent cinemas.
We understand sensory sensitivities are unique to everyone. If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to the manager at your local cinema.
If you would like to find out more about the adjustments or share your experiences about a visit to our autism friendly screenings please complete this form.