Autism friendly cinema screenings
We work with ODEON, Cineworld, Vue and Showcase to host autism friendly screenings at over 300 cinemas nationwide.
On Sunday mornings throughout the month, films suitable for all audiences are screened in a sensory friendly and inclusive environment.
These adjustments aim to reduce over-stimulation and create a welcoming environment.
See an autism friendly screening of Mary Poppins Returns on Sunday 6th January at 11am, at participating Cineworld cinemas.
See an autism friendly screening of Wreck It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks The Internet on Sunday 13th January at 10am, at participating Showcase cinemas.
To be aware of
- Showcase Teesside will be open again for this autism friendly screening and will be showing this film.
See an autism friendly screening of Wreck It Ralph 2 on Sunday 9th December at 10:15am, at participating ODEON cinemas.
ODEON’s trial screening for older audiences, at 9 selected cinemas, will be Fantastic Beasts 2: The Crimes of Grindelwald (12A) on Monday 10th December at 6pm.
Please note; in the opening scenes of Fantastic Beasts there is strobe lighting.
Extra ODEON autism friendly screenings in December
See an autism friendly screening of The Grinch on Sunday 16th December at 10:15am. This screening will be at selected participating cinemas.
See an autism friendly screening of Mary Poppins Returns on Sunday 30th December at 10:15am. This screening will be at selected participating cinemas.
To be aware of
- The Grinch has an additional short film before the main feature. This is called ‘Yellow is the New Black’ and is about the Despicable Me Minions escaping from prison.
- ODEON Hull and Sheffield won’t be showing Wreck It Ralph 2, Fantastic Beasts or the Grinch.
- ODEON Stillorgan won’t be showing Wreck It Ralph 2 or Fantastic Beasts.
- ODEON Epsom’s autism friendly screenings begin at 11am.
- Tickets for the latest releases may come with a small Blockbuster charge of £1, on top of the normal ticket price.
See an autism friendly screening of Smallfoot on Sunday 30th December at 10:15am, at participating Vue cinemas.
Stay up to date
Follow DimensionsUK on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for the latest news and information.
We also send out a regular autism friendly newsletter with upcoming screenings and other news about our work.
Sign up to receive autism friendly updates.
We understand sensory sensitivities are unique to everyone. If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to the manager at your local cinema.
If you would like to find out more about the adjustments or share your experiences about a visit to our autism friendly screenings please complete this form.