Autism friendly cinema screenings
We work with ODEON, Cineworld, Vue, Showcase and Picturehouse to host autism friendly screenings at over 300 cinemas nationwide.
On Sunday mornings throughout the month, films suitable for all audiences are screened in a sensory friendly and inclusive environment.
These adjustments aim to reduce over-stimulation and create a welcoming environment.
See an autism friendly screening of The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part on Sunday 3rd March at 11am, at participating Cineworld cinemas.
See an autism friendly screening of The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part on Sunday 10th March at 10am, at participating Showcase cinemas.
To be aware of
- Showcase Teesside will be open again for this autism friendly screening and will be showing this film.
See an autism friendly screening of The Lego Movie 2 on Sunday 24th February at 10:15am, at participating ODEON cinemas.
ODEON’s trial screening for older audiences, at 9 selected cinemas, is Alita Battle Angel (12A) on Monday 25th February at 6:15pm.
ODEON Canterbury are showing an extra autism friendly in March. See The LEGO Movie 2 on Sunday 3rd March at 10am, this is at ODEON Canterbury only.
To be aware of
- We’re pleased to announce that ODEON Darlington and Dorchester will be showing The LEGO Movie on Sunday 24th February. We’re sorry for any confusion this has caused and hope you can go along and enjoy this autism friendly screening.
- ODEON Sheffield, Hull and Stillorgan are back open and will be showing these screenings.
- ODEON Epsom’s autism friendly screenings begin at 11am.
- Tickets for the latest releases may come with a small Blockbuster charge of £1, on top of the normal ticket price.
See an autism friendly screening of Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse on Sunday 17th February, at participating Picturehouse cinemas.
To be aware of
- *The majority of Picturehouse cinemas host autism friendly screenings on the third Sunday of each month, except:
- City Screen, York host autism friendly screenings on the second Sunday of each month at 11.15am
- Picturehouse at FACT, Liverpool host autism friendly screenings every Sunday 11.30am
- Little Theatre Cinema, Bath only hosts autism friendly screenings in the school holidays
- Picturehouse cinemas host their autism friendly screenings at different times. Please click ‘See participating cinemas’ below to find a cinema near you and what time they’ll be hosting their autism friendly screening.
See an autism friendly screening of The Grinch on Sunday 24th February at 10:15am, at participating Vue cinemas.
Stay up to date
Follow DimensionsUK on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for the latest news and information.
We also send out a regular autism friendly newsletter with upcoming screenings and other news about our work.
We understand sensory sensitivities are unique to everyone. If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to the manager at your local cinema.
If you would like to find out more about the adjustments or share your experiences about a visit to our autism friendly screenings please complete this form.