Autism friendly screening adjustments
The autism friendly adjustments are designed to make the cinema more inclusive and accessible for people with sensory sensitivities, and others who can benefit from this environment.
These adjustments are guidelines we share with our partner cinemas. We encourage local cinemas to personalise the screenings to help guests feel more comfortable and support them to maintain high standards.
- a relaxed environment where people understand the needs of children and families with autism
- lights left on low
- sound turned down
- no trailers or advertisements (unless they are embedded in the film)
- staff trained in autism awareness
- disabled access
- chill out zone, where available
- freedom to move around and sit where you like
- bring your own food and drink
- free entry for carers with valid CEA Card.
Download your Autism friendly cinema screenings social story template
Tell us about your experience
We love to hear about guests’ experiences and we always try to pass feedback on to the cinemas. If you feel there are areas we need to improve, or you have shining praise to share, please complete this form.
Stay up to date
Sign up to our enewsletter to be first to hear about the latest film announcements.