We support the transition process in lots of ways including:
- Hosting information events and seminars
- Delivering services
- Planning for future service developments
Our transition programme
Our transition programme is designed to help young people increase their independence and develop their life skills.
These skills will equip them to lead a more fulfilled life in the future and enable them, with support, to direct how they want to live their lives.
We also help young people find a suitable permanent home and, where possible, supported living placements. The programme is tailored to each individual and delivered by a skilled team of people.
It can include:
- skills for daily living
- vocational training and work experience
- information and communication technology
- recreational and leisure pursuits
- transitional planning for the next stage of their life
- self-advocacy skills
- communication skills
- safe experimentation and risk taking
- multi-sensory opportunities
- travel training.
People wishing to use our services can apply for funding from various agencies. Find out more about funding.
We understand that there is lots of information relating to transition and some of it can be very confusing. The Transition Information Network offers a wide range of guidance and resources that you may find interesting and helpful.